Hi guys, I hope you all well. In this article, I am gonna teach you how to use a PS3 media server. Actually, the PS3 media server is a DLNA ( Digital Living Network Alliance ) Compliant UPnP media server. It originally was written to support the PS3 (PlayStation 3). It has been expanded to support a range of other media renders also Xbox 360 Sony television Samsung as well as portable devices.
Furthermore, DLNA ( Digital Living Network Alliance ) compatible server device has two different functions. Servers – distribute media such as Video, image, or music files, and the clients receive and play the media. It is also powered by FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth and MEncoder which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats.
DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) Support model list
- Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3)
- Microsoft XBOX 360
- Sony Bravia ( Television)
- Google Android
- Freebox HD
- Freecom MusicPal
- Pioneer Kuro
- Nokia N900
- Philips Aurea
- Philips Net TV
- Popcorn Hour
- Asus O!Play
- AC Ryan PlayOn!HD
- Brite-view CinemaTube
- Samsung TVs
- Philips Streamium
- Western Digital WD TV Live
- XBMC Media Center
How to use PS3 Media server introduction:-
- Connect the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system and DLNA Media Server using a wired or wireless connection.
- Download the Media Server software for Microsoft Windows.
- Go to the setting>internet and turn on the media server connection.
- Read the below information to connect different devices.
Start setup the DLNA server so that it can be used by the PlayStation 3 (PS3). Mention device can be used as DLNA Media Server.
All devices support the standard DLNA also including all product of Sony companies and other. PC (Personal Computer) with Window Media 11 Player installed.
Using an AV device as a DLNA Media Server:-
Go to the setting and “Enable” the DLNA Media Server function of your Connected device to make its content available for shared access. This setup method is varies depending on your connected device. If you want more information about AV device DLNA to read the introduction refer to the device.
Using a Microsoft Windows PC (Personal Computer) as a DLNA Media Server.
- First, download the windows media player 11 in your Microsoft Windows.
- First, start your Windows Media Player 11.
- Select the “Media Sharing” from the “Library” menu.
- Check your “Share media”
- Select the device that you want to share data with from the list of the device under the “Share Media” and
- Select to “Allow”
- Press “OK”
Setup for the DLNA Media Server is now completed. The Windows Media 11 Player is not installed by default on your Windows PC. You have to download and install first. Download Windows Media Player 11. For more details about how to use Windows Media Player 11. Please refer to the Windows Media Player 11 visit Microsoft Help feature.
Set Up PlayStation 3 Media Server for Xbox 360
- First Download and install PS3 Media Server on your PC (Personal Computer)
- Run installed PS3 Media Server.
- Click Navigation/share setting to add your media folders to PS3 Shared folders.
- Press ‘+’ sign to add any folder to your media store, including image, video, and music. Also, you can share your iTunes Library or any other application like Aperture or iPhoto.
Make sure you have the video codecs. It’s needed to play Videos on Xbox 360 and it’s also worth click on the transcoding tab.
Set up your Xbox 360
- Select SVP (System Video Player)
- Select PS3 (PlayStation 3) Media Server
- Select any video and start streaming.
Summary:- You can share everything using PS3 media server including Xbox 360 and all other Media device. I hope this article helps you. If you have or query related to this article. Please feel free to contact us. We will help you to resolve your problems. Like our Facebook page and subscribe to our push notification for the future updates. You can also find us on YouTube. Our YouTube tutorial will show you how to Jailbreak a PS3, Game Updates, News, and much more.